Dissonant and melodic, robotic, danceable and beautiful
Sep 22 07:00 PM
Small World Music Stage presented by Exodus Travels
Polaris long-listed NOW Magazine cover stars, making year-end best-of lists from NOW, Torontoist, Toronto Star, The Grid, BlogTO and many more, Fresh Snow’s new directions in instrumental music "shift from Godspeed to Kraftwerk to Mogwai within the same song... with pleasantly woozy violin lines offering a decidedly human counterpoint" -Chromewaves
- First LP "I" was long-listed for the Polaris Music Prize.
- Fresh Snow have appeared on the cover of NOW Magazine.
- Stereogum review quote: "Fresh Snow knows how to bend the genres into one wonderfully noisy soundscape"
- "Blood in the Sun" Toyota Scion Sessions video has 72,000 views on YouTube
- Festivals: Arboretum (Ottawa), Up Here (Sudbury), Electric Eclectics (Meaford), Long Winter (Toronto), NXNE (Toronto)
- Guest vocal appearances on 2015's 'Won' EP by Damian Abraham (host of MuchMusic's The Wedge) and Carmen Elle (Army Girls / Diana).
- Upcoming "One" LP was produced by Graham Walsh, whose credits include Lights, Wintersleep, Metz, Alvvays, Great Lake Swimmers, Viet Cong, and Rich Aucoin.
- "One" will be released August 2016 by Hand Drawn Dracula.